Having her start with fashion companies like Christian Dior and New York and Company, Elaine`s has taken her fashionable style and translated it to her love of stationery and web design.
More than just a web designer, Elaine is a trained graphic designer, illustrator and SEO consultant. Specializing in Commercial art, the art or communicating with graphics, which taught her to use art to evoke feeling and passion. Creating sites and being part of businesses in the beginning stages brings her great joy, but more so to see them succeed. Hiring Elaine will get you a well versed, experienced couture web designer.
- Styles and consults for Paula and Chlo
- Illustrated a book Vie a Paris
- Provided consulting and artwork for a fantastic Parisian Shopping iPhone app for one of today`s experts in Paris Flea Markets-Claudia Strasser, Keys of the Fleas.
- New York & Company (formerly Lerner`s New York) scouts me for Coco & Lolly.
- Dior continues to utilize my work on their collateral material for their national campaigns.
- Selected by Dior as their Exclusive Design Diva for Adore Dior.com (http://adoredior.com/ItemInfo.asp?itemID=324)-(Click here to see screen shot. Website no longer in existence) Chosen by Dior to design an exclusive piece for their charity benefit auction. Proceeds go to Look Good…Feel Better.org. The piece fetched $3,381.01, the fourth highest bid item at auction close!! They applauded me as one of “today`s hottest up and coming designers”.
- I was awarded the very chic 2008 She Takes On the World -Women of the Year Award (Please type my name on the search field). Thank you!!! (Image link)
- Former Beateworks owner, public speaker and soon to be published writer Beate Chelete places her confidence in me to create collateral material for her book Women Who Want It All. (She sold Beateworks to Corbis, owned by Bill Gates!)
- Nominee of McCaskey Alumni Association Awards Distinguished Alumni Award 2009
- Collaborating in several projects with Retired Sergeant Major and Pentagon Defense Contractor and Web Design Maverick Ron Schexnayder.
- Worked with Chicken Soup of the Soul contributor and Glamour Magazine Glambassador, Michelle Rossi.
- Consulting for Divine Diamonds NY on Web 2.0 technology, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and marketing.
- Design corporate logo for Parisian Tie Designer Le Cravatier.
- Celebrity Makeup Master Chris Lanston gets a web image makeover by me.
- Created and sold the successful social network for Women entrepreneur Divapreneur ®
- I write articles for several design magazines.
- I consult several large firms in my spare time.
- Design impeccable couture web sites and illustrations for high end web sites and businesses
Skills & Certifications
- Certificate Web Design
- XML, Flash, HTML, PHP and CSS proficient
- I keep up with the latest web marketing trends, teach networking techniques and contribute articles on the subject to magazines and blogs.
- Search Engine Optimization Certificate
- Formerly a nursing student with medical field experience.
- I hold a Certificate from the Expanded Nutrition Education Program at Penn State University.
Publications, Exhibitions & Speaking
- Published in Anthology three times.
- I currently have a small exhibit at The Museum of Computer Art in New York.
- Featured blogger The Human Behind the Avatar book.
- Former editor and writer in Divapreneur Magazine.
- Written articles for Smashing Magazine.
- I have designed 3 fonts, rubber stamps, scrap booking papers, fabric and stationery.
- I have been asked to speak at The Village Art Association, teaching others on how to produce Macrophotography– The art of making beautiful close ups- digitally.
Tidbits about Me
- Love to cook
- Love Hello Kitty
- Addicted to paper, stationery and pens
- I love purses more than shoes
- I can sew, knit and crochet
- I collect old patterns and ephemera
- I have 3 dogs and 1 cat
- I can speak a total of 4 languages (English, Spanish, French and Italian), 2 fluently and 2 well enough to get around
- Mother of 5 children and happily married
Read my Press
Elaine Biss is a proud member of Creative Latitude, a worldwide community that unites various creative disciplines for collective promotion, education and ethical business practice.